Click Here for Features and Advantages
- Multi-circuit heat trace control – monitor and operate five or more heat trace circuits (or combined runs) up to 30A each
- Optional current rating from 50 to 100A per circuit available – for long line and power intensive applications
- Status LEDs on the front of the unit – perfect for quick visual checks
- Selection of enclosure types – choose the enclosure type that is required for your application environment
- Local tactile keypad and LCD interface – ease in programming setpoints and monitoring of measured values
- Additional remote interface options – Utmost flexibility in method and location of programming and monitoring
- Modbus RTU (serial), TCP/IP (Ethernet), fibreoptic, BACnet communications – allows multiple ways to integrate the controller with anyone’s SCADA/PLC/DCS system and other heat trace controllers
- Integration with Nextron’s proprietary software – monitor and edit all parameters from the control room without having to program your PLC or DCS
- Integrated ground fault protection – No need for external and expensive GFI type breakers
- Heater current monitoring – detect potential heating cable issues before they become critical
- Dual RTD input – control your heat trace circuit with one or two RTDs for flexibility of options (probes not included)
- Proportional control – for applications with narrow temperature tolerance MasterTrace offers ultimate flexibility with your choice of On/Off or Proportional Control strategies
- Ambient sensing control – use one RTD input to control multiple circuits through programming
- Power Limit feature – configure the maximum heater current to not exceed your specified value
- Dry alarm contact – annunciate all alarm conditions remotely in a location suitable for the end-user
- Comprehensive alarm package – set up and monitor up to twenty (20) configurable alarm and trip conditions
- Measured values menu – monitor eight (8) real-time measured values
- Statistics menu – collects and provides information on eleven (11) values from operational history
- TraceCheck feature – pulse dormant heaters on programmable intervals to flag potential cable issues early and prevent costly down-time.
- Class I, Div./Zone 2 approval – suitable for installation in hazardous environments
Product Matrix: Select elements from the left hand menu to review specific information on each Nextron product below:
- Control Points (circuits)
- Current Rating (amperage)
- Switching (number of poles)
- Heat Trace Voltage
- Temperature Inputs
- Alarm Options
- Communication Options
|Control Points (circuits)||1||2||1||2||5 and 10 (see note 1)|
|Current Rating (amperage)||TraceMate||TraceMate II-CTR||MS-2101||MS-2102||MasterTrace|
|Standard max current per circuit||30 Amps||30 Amps||30 Amps||30 Amps||30 Amps|
|Optional max current per circuit||-||-||-||100 Amps||100 Amps|
|Switching (number of poles)||TraceMate||TraceMate II-CTR||MS-2101||MS-2102||MasterTrace|
|Heat Trace Voltage||TraceMate||TraceMate II-CTR||MS-2101||MS-2102||MasterTrace|
|120-277Vac||yes||yes||yes||yes (see note 2)||yes|
|Temperature Inputs||TraceMate||TraceMate II-CTR||MS-2101||MS-2102||MasterTrace|
|Single RTD per circuit||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Dual-RTD per circuit||no||optional||yes||optional||optional|
|Thermocouple per circuit||no||no||no||no||optional (J, K, T)|
|RTD sampler (hard-wired)||no||no||no||no||optional|
|RTD sampler (wireless)||no||no||no||no||optional|
|Alarm Options||TraceMate||TraceMate II-CTR||MS-2101||MS-2102||MasterTrace|
|Front panel visual alarm indicator||LED||LCD||LCD & LED||LCD & LED||LCD & LED|
|Dry alarm contract||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|DC alarm contact||no||no||yes||yes||yes|
|Internal LED alarm type indicator||yes||yes||no||no||no|
|Communication Options||TraceMate||TraceMate II-CTR||MS-2101||MS-2102||MasterTrace|
|Modbus RTU communications||no||no||yes||yes||yes|
|Modbus TCP communications||no||no||optional||optional||optional|
|Type-4 painted steel||no||yes||no||no||yes|
|Type-4X painted steel||yes||no||yes||yes||no|
|Type-4X stainless steel||optional||optional||optional||optional||optional|
|Dip switch + jumper||yes||yes||no||no||no|
|Liquid crystal display||no||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Vacuum fluorescent display||no||no||no||no||optional|
|Supervisory Windows software||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Operating range||-40C to +50C||-40C to +50C||-40C to +50C||-40C to +50C||-40C to +60C|
|Class I, Division 2, Groups ABCD||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Class I, Zone 2, Groups IIC||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Class II, Division 2, Groups FG||no||no||yes||yes||no|
|yes||yes (note 3)||yes||no||no|
Note 1: MasterTrace products are based on 5 and 10 circuit control module platforms multiples of which can be arranged in a single enclosure
Note 2: 208~240V dual pole MS-2102 model is a made-to-order item
Note 3: TraceMate II-CTR 208~240V unit does not carry FM approval
How the MasterTrace System Works
Remote configuration and monitoring with Nextron MC100 supervisory software
Allows easy interfacing with our MC100 software or anyone’s PLC or DCS. Ethernet, BACnet and Fiber Optic communication protocols are also available.
Alarm Light/Audible Alarm
Fully configurable and flexible alarm signal to meet the demands of customers’ individual design. – Alarm on, alarm off – Flash during alarm then on – Flash during alarm then off
Easy to read interface. 2×16 character alphanumeric display, field mounted or remote controlled. MR100 communicates with multiple controllers, up to 30 controllers or 300 circuits to a maximum of 4,000 feet without repeaters.
All power distribution designs are compatible with Nextron control and monitoring systems for electrical heat trace. Sealed breakers can be installed in IP 65 or Nema 4/4X cabinets for hazardous/classified installations. Alternatively, standard open frame main/branch breakers may be installed in IP 65 or Nema 4/4X cabinets with purge for hazardous/classified areas.
Control Module #1
The advanced features of MasterTrace allow it to handle single-phase to three-phase heat trace applications with switch ratings up to 100A@ 600VAC.
Control Module #2
Reduce your environmental impact without making significant investments. Unique to Nextron’s MasterTrace system, monitor energy and energy costs through the measured values of: Heater Utilization, Power Consumption (MWh), and Operating Costs ($0 to $1,000,000).
Control Module #3
Limits initial start up power, virtually eliminating nuisance breaker trips.
Control Module #4
Proportional Control or On/Off Control allows you the utmost flexibility in your EHT design.
Heat Trace Cable
Nextron’s controllers are compatible with every type of EHT available on the market today.
RTD Temperature Sensor
3 wire RTD, 22awg, PT100 ohm, IEC571, Class A. Temperature Rating -50C to 200C. Standard lead length – 7 feet.
There are no reviews yet.